Live Your Calling
Live Your Calling: A Practical Guide to Finding and Fulfilling Your Mission in Life is a pragmatic and inspirational guide to help you identify and use your God-given gifts to find significance, direction, and joy in your life and work. Kevin and Kay Marie Brennfleck help readers develop a theologically sound understanding of calling while providing practical tools and an innovative, intriguing process for discerning your “God-sized” calling.
Every earnest and responsible Christ follower wants ultimately to know how he or she can live a life that is meaningful, fulfilling and honoring to God. This remarkable book opens up a “tool box,” a “life calling map” and significant “action steps” which will enable every follower of Christ to recognize and respond to God’s calling on that life. I commend it heartily and unreservedly.
—Dr. Ted Engstrom, President Emeritus, World Vision
(Read more praise for Live Your Calling)
Live Your Calling will help you to:
- Discover your God-given design by completing six assessments to identify key “puzzle pieces” of your unique design including your most-enjoyed skills, core values, personality traits, preferred roles, spiritual gifts, and compelling interests. You can then record your results in your Life Calling Map™. Your Life Calling Map will be an important tool for clarifying your God-given design and discovering your calling within your work, home, church, community, and the world at large.
- Enlarge your vision of what you can do. Most people have dreams for their lives that are too small, limited by lack of vision, fear, and everyday concerns. God’s will for us includes undertaking tasks and roles we cannot accomplish on our own so that we can see his power at work. Your Life Calling Map can be used to identify and explore options for work and ministry/service activities that are in alignment with your God-given design. Utilizing strategies for brainstorming, “dreaming big,” and investigating possibilities will help you expand your vision of what God is calling you to do in the world.
- Learn how to make good decisions within God’s will for your life. Your calling doesn’t “just happen” without your participation. Partnering with God to live your calling requires making decisions. Learning to make good decisions about life choices is an essential part of spiritual maturity.
- Consider emotional, psychological, spiritual, and lifestyle issues that can get you stuck as you seek to find and fulfill your mission in life. You can assess if any of these “calling blockers” are hindering you in discerning or living your calling. The book provides “calling catalysts” you can utilize to conquer your personal calling blockers.
- Motivate yourself to take action. Learning how to take appropriate action is a key part of becoming people God can fully use. You will have the opportunity to create personal mission statements, set achievable and compelling goals, and develop an action plan to create the life God is calling you to live.
- Learn how to live your calling successfully. Your life matters in God’s majestic plan. Many people are inspired to pursue their calling; fewer persevere to live it faithfully over the course of their lives. Tapping into God’s power and resources, creating a vital support system, and more fully developing the characteristics of a called person will enable you to fulfill the mission that is yours alone.
I heartily recommend Live Your Calling as a guidebook for dreaming the dreams God has created you to pursue, and equipping you to fulfill them.
– Ken Wales, Veteran filmmaker, and Executive producer CBS Television series, “CHRISTY”
Schedule an Event
Contact the Authors